Broken toes - extremely uncomfortableA phenomenon that causes many problems and is accompanied by pain. The pain can be both at rest and when water, dirt, etc. get into the wound. When the skin on the legs is damaged, walking becomes difficult. If the shoes are made of synthetic materials, then sweating increases, which leads to a worsening of the situation.
Broken toes can be caused by:
- Overdrying of the skin as a result of frequent interaction with abrasive materials (including natural materials - for example, sand), chlorinated water, hot air;
- uncomfortable (narrow, unsuitable size, artificial) shoes that disrupt the blood supply and cause increased sweating, as a result of which the feet are constantly wet;
- Violation of the rules of personal hygiene;
- Athlete's foot;
- Diseases of the endocrine system (diabetes mellitus, obesity, thyroid dysfunction);
- Dermatitis and allergic reactions;
- Lack of vitamins A and E;
Some women face cracks in their skin during pregnancy, which can also be triggered by unstable hormone levels, vitamin and nutrient deficiencies, and other reasons.
In addition to the actual cracks between the fingers, the clinical picture can be supplemented by symptoms such as:
- Dryness and flaking of the skin;
- Deformation and yellowing of the nails;
- Discharge of pus from injured tissues (first sign of inflammation);
Depending on what caused the cracks in the skin, rashes, redness and swelling are also possible.
Treatment is prescribed by a podiatrist after a preliminary diagnosis. Through visual examination and laboratory tests, the doctor draws up a plan of therapeutic manipulations that will lead to the elimination of the problem and improvement of the condition.
- When cracks between the toes are caused by a fungal infection, antifungal drugs are prescribed to prevent the growth of pathogens and restore normal microflora to the surface of the skin.
- When it comes to hyperhidrosis, botulinum toxin injections help eliminate excessive sweating. They provide a temporary effect, the duration of which varies from several months to a year. After that, a second procedure is required to maintain the result obtained.
- In some cases, the main reason is the dysfunction of the internal organs, then treatment is established in close cooperation with profiling specialists.