Many people face such an infectious disease as nail fungus, also called onychomycosis. Its treatment is a complex process. Traditional medicine will help you in the fight against onychomycosis. If you know this problem, try one of the many homemade recipes.
Treatment of the fungus with folk remedies based on kombucha
Common method. It will help all people who have no idea what folk remedies can cure nail fungus. There are multiple possibilities:
- Take kombucha, break off a small piece. Remove the foils and cut until you get a jelly. Rub the mass with the fungus into the nail plate twice a day.
- Keep a portion of the kombucha in water for a few hours and apply to the infected nail. Wrap the top in cellophane and put on a sock. The treatment involves applying a compress for the whole night.
- Mushroom infusion, which is at least two months old, boil for an hour, strain and refrigerate. Moisten gauze, apply to the affected nail throughout the night. Do this until the panel softens, then carefully remove it.
Use of tar soap
This cleanser has a really healing effect and is inexpensive. Treating Nail Fungus With Soap:
- Warm up some water. Dissolve more detergent in it. Keep your feet in the liquid for 15-20 minutes. If possible, wipe them off and then remove the affected areas. Lubricate the affected nails with birch tar. Repeat until fully cured.
- Rub tar soap. Take 15 grams of the product and dilute it with water to a gel-like state. Add 30g soda. Rub vigorously on sore nails. Repeat 14 days in a row.
- Soap your feet well with tar soap, bandage them, put on socks. Sleep with a compress, only in the morning you can remove and wash. Onychomycosis goes away after about a week or two.
Folk remedies based on soda
There are several good options. Soda should not be forgotten when treating a fungus. Valid Recipes:
- Pour warm water into a bowl (4 liters), add soda (50-70 g). Wait for it to completely dissolve. Add some shower gel. Dip your feet in the solution, hold for 30 minutes, then dry thoroughly. Repeat this every three days until the fungus is completely gone.
- Dilute a small amount of soda with water to form a paste and add a few drops of lemon juice. Treat affected nails. Leave on for 10 minutes, rinse off and dry your feet thoroughly. Repeat in a day.
One of the most effective methods for advanced cases, the result of which is simply amazing. Folk recipes with vinegar components:
- Heat half a liter of 9% vinegar, pour it into a basin and dip your feet in it. Bathe for a quarter of an hour, then do not rinse. The treatment lasts about a month.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and iodine. Lubricate the nails with the fungus twice a day until cured.
- Mix 75 ml apple cider vinegar and vegetable oil. Moisten a cotton pad with the resulting product, put it on the affected nail, fix it with plaster. Put on a sock and sleep with a compress. Repeat this until you get rid of the fungus.
- Mix 70% vinegar essence with carrot juice in equal parts. Gently treat the limbs affected by the fungus - fingers or toes - with this liquid.
- Take 30 ml of 70% vinegar essence and the same amount of vodka, add 3 egg whites. Treat infected nails in the morning and evening.
Folk remedies to treat toenail fungus
Dealing with such a serious problem as onychomycosis is not at all easy. Pharmacies offer a lot of drugs that can defeat a fungal disease, but the price of really effective ones is sometimes too high. Even due to contraindications, the side effects of some drugs make it impossible for certain people to use them. This is probably why treating fungus with folk remedies is so popular. Check out some more effective recipes.
Try the following procedures:
- Mix a few tablespoons of birch and poplar buds with an equal amount of dry juniper in a saucepan. Drip the essential oil you like the most. Fill up with water (1 l), bring to the boil. Strain the broth, cool to 40 degrees. It is recommended to bathe for half an hour.
- Pour 50 g of dried celandine leaves with a liter of water. Let the liquid boil for a quarter of an hour and brew the same amount. Steam your legs in a decoction every evening.
- Brew a liter of natural coffee, let it cool and steep. When the thickness settles, use a drink for a foot bath. Take it for fifteen minutes.
- Mix 50 grams of dry chamomile and spruce or pine needles. Soak in two liters of water and leave for an hour. Strain, add a handful of sea salt and some cinnamon. Do this foot bath for half an hour.
- Mix vodka, lemon juice and potassium permanganate in a ratio of 10: 2: 1. Dilute with water. Take a bath every four days.
compresses and applications
Very well protected from the fungus various masks, lotions. You can prepare them according to the following recipes:
- Wash the chicken egg, dip it in vinegar essence (100 ml) so that the liquid completely covers the product. Store in a dark and warm place for a week. Mix with a hundred grams of butter, beat thoroughly. Before bedtime, steam your legs and lubricate them with this medicine. Insulate from above with foil, put on socks. Wash off in the morning.
- Think of the burdock leaf to release the sap. Wrap her legs around. Top with a bandage, put on a sock. Make an all-night compress for 21 days in a row.
- Puree the rowan leaves and apply to the sore leg. Put on a sock. Change compresses every 12 hours.
- Pass the onion through a meat grinder. Apply overnight under gauze and polyethylene to fungus-damaged areas. Make a compress 14 days in a row.
- Grate 50 g of propolis, mix with vodka (fill the bottle to the neck), leave in the dark for 10 days. By analogy - 20% alcohol solution from a pharmacy. Place a cotton compress on the affected legs until dry.
- Mix drugstore jodinol and dried celandine in equal doses. Apply this paste to the affected areas for a week. Instead of iodinol, you can use tea tree oil or vinegar.
Many people in removing onychomycosis were helped not by pharmaceutical preparations, but by those prepared at home from herbal ingredients. Products based on garlic or a solution of potassium permanganate have proven to be very effective in the treatment. Their advantages include not only efficiency, but also a small price. There are many recipes for baths, ointments and compresses containing common remedies.
Garlic for athlete's foot
There are several remedies using this ingredient that you can easily make at home:
- Lubricate infected nails with freshly squeezed garlic juice daily. This is a very simple and quick but effective method.
- Mix garlic juice with equal dose of rubbing alcohol. Treat the nail plates with fungi several times a day.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic, mix with vegetable oil. Apply a compress with this pulp before going to bed each night under a bandage and cellophane. Continue until a clean nail grows back. Try to work just the plate without affecting the skin.
- Mix the crushed clove of garlic with 15 g of table salt and 0. 2 liters of water. Make therapeutic compresses before going to bed.
How to make a solution of potassium permanganate
This component is included in many recipes, but it can be used as an independent tool. Affordable price is one of the reasons for the overwhelming popularity of the composition. Consider several options for using a potassium permanganate solution:
- Dilute potassium permanganate in water until it turns a deep pink color. Soak your feet in it for 20 minutes. Dead parts of the nail that then get wet can be clipped or filed away.
- In three liters of water, dilute one liter of vinegar and a couple of pinches of potassium permanganate, stir well. Take a 15-minute bath every night for a week.