Fighting fungal diseases is not that easy. Many drugs are simply not suitable for the price or they are inconvenient to use, especially with a long course of treatment. In such cases, nail fungus polish is very suitable. It is convenient to use and does not burden the patient during long treatments.
Varnish products are used both independently and prescribed in a complex. Good prevention of fungal diseases can be carried out with such medicines.
The principle of action of antifungal drugs
Varnish preparations against fungal diseases are good because they attack the nails structurally.
The consistency of the drug helps treat the fungus, penetrating even into small crevices. After the procedure, the product dries fairly quickly, forming a dense film that cannot be erased on clothes.
A rich effect on the fungus is one of the advantages of varnish. It penetrates into the foundations of the nail plate and fights the foci of the disease. Due to the dense coating, oxygen does not penetrate the plate and helps the drug to quickly destroy the fungal spores, stopping the progression of the disease.
Improvements are noticeable within a few days after the first use of the drug. You will see that the redness of the nails is reduced and the dryness disappears. This means that the disease stopped developing and receded. The most important thing is to choose the right drug.
The most effective varnishes against fungi - which one to choose?
To choose the right varnish against the fungus, consult the appropriate specialist and pass the tests prescribed by him.
Only after the conclusion of the doctor choose the drug. You will definitely be advised by the manufacturer and the duration of the course. However, when choosing a tool yourself, remember the criteria:
- We do not recommend choosing varnishes that have not proven themselves. A known manufacturer is always better than an untested one.
- If your disease is already advanced and therapy will take a long time, buy products with the highest content of medicinal components.
- Provided that the disease develops very quickly, you need to choose a varnish in which the content of the main component is at least 7%.
- If you are comfortable, buy a drug with accessories - nail files, napkins, spatulas for application. This simplifies the procedures.
- When choosing varnish from toenail fungus, pay attention to reviews and price. Often you can purchase an inexpensive analogue to replace the branded product.
- Do not forget about the characteristics of your body. If there are contraindications or a pronounced reaction to some components, take them into account.
Lacquer based on Amorolfine
This healing lacquer has been common for a long time and is recommended by many patients. This varnish is most effective when the fungus has not yet captured the entire nail plate as a whole. In advanced disease, it is best to use it in combination with other antifungal medications.
One of the active ingredients in the composition of the drug is Amorolfine. It copes well with yeast and mold diseases and fights infectious lesions. Use the drug several times a week, the course usually lasts from six months to a year.
Based on Cyclopirox
The main substance in the preparation is Cyclopirox. The drug works very quickly. Easily penetrates the nail plate and actively fights various types of fungi. Acts as an antibacterial agent.
It can also be used for prevention. The varnish dries in just thirty seconds, but is washed off with clean water. Therefore, it is recommended to carry out all procedures before bedtime, and after that not to wash the treatment area for up to 6 hours.
During this time, the drug takes the desired concentration, and after removal, up to 30% of the drug remains on the nail plate.
Based on terbinafine
Lacquer works very well in the early stages of treatment. If the infection captures more than half of the nail plate, the drug becomes ineffective. Doctors prescribe additional drugs in combination with this varnish or choose a more effective means.
However, the varnish contains the substance terbinafine, which, creating a dense coating, prevents the development of fungal spores and completely eliminates the disease.
It is recommended to use varnish only on its own, without applying decorative varnish to the nail plates, which significantly reduces the effectiveness of the treatment.
Based on D-panthenol
The tool protects and strengthens the nail plate, preventing the development of fungal infections. The composition of the main substance is D-panthenol, which softens the affected area. The applicator is included.
How to properly treat the fungus and use varnish - our instructions
Varnish will effectively help treat fungal infections if you follow simple criteria:
- The drug is correctly selected exclusively for your case
- Full compliance with the instructions accompanying the tool
- You have completed the entire course prescribed by the specialist without interrupting it until full recovery
Notes on the use of paint products:
- Before using an antifungal, wash the surfaces thoroughly with soap and water and then wipe dry with a towel to avoid leaving moisture in the treatment areas.
- If alcohol swabs are not included with the polish, soak a cotton swab in alcohol or acetone and wipe grease from the nail surface.
- Be sure to do a manicure afterwards. It is necessary to trim the nails, remove exfoliated surfaces and areas affected by the fungus. Nail files are disposable items. One for each nail to prevent the disease from spreading to other surfaces.
- After applying the varnish, follow the attached instructions.
These are generally accepted recommendations for using varnishes to treat foot or fingernail fungus. Each drug has its own list of properties and contraindications. Therefore, before performing the procedures, be sure to consult a specialist.
As you already understood, the use of varnish products alone in the fight against onychomycosis is not always effective. At some stages of the disease, the drug may not bring any improvement at all.
The fungus is very unpleasant: it spoils the appearance of the nails, provokes the appearance of a bad smell and causes discomfort. However, it is not only dangerous externally, but can also affect the internal organism. If you notice any signs of mycosis, contact your doctor immediately.
The specialist decides whether the restoration will cost a paint preparation or whether you will have to undergo a complex treatment. There are tablets, ointments, creams, solutions and even sprays for onychomycosis. All drugs have different effects and many contraindications.
Among them, you can easily get lost and risk choosing something that is not at all suitable for your situation. The opinion of a specialist will not be superfluous before going to the pharmacy.
Effective fungal prevention
In order not to get infected with a fungus, it is not always enough to take care of hygiene. You can pick up the disease in a bath or pool, at a friend's house or in public places. Toenail and hand nail fungus polish is a good solution for prevention.
The procedure does not take much time and completely protects the nails from such a dangerous microorganism as a fungus. Use the drug before going to public places or immediately after returning home.
You can choose a preventive measure from our list or consult a pharmacist.
Reviews of the best varnishes from the mushroom
First review, female, 34 years old. I was plagued by nail fungus, which I only discovered very late. In such cases, the varnish does not always work well. I decided on a varnish based on Amorolfine against nail fungus. I couldn't decide for a long time, but I liked the reviews about it. I fought for a long time, but everything worked out.
Second review, male, 27 years old. I tried to cure nail fungus with iodine solutions but just ruined the situation. It was decided not to skimp on health and buy a varnish preparation. I've been using it for a month and a half and the symptoms have disappeared. The doctor recommended not to stop using it even a few weeks after recovery.